Monday, February 17, 2014

Natural Stretch Mark Oil



Pregnancy with Bree made me want to do things as naturally as possible! I knew that I didn't want stretch marks, but was unsure on where to start. Over the counter stretch mark oils and creams are filled with toxins, that despite what they claim, are not good for you or baby. Check out the link to read more about why natural solutions are best: The Truth About Bio Oil.  So, I began my own research, and created an oil that worked great! Below is the oil that I made, and used morning and night.
Disclaimer: Please be advised to continue using oil postpartum, I didn't and had stretch marks only after I delivered.


Ingredients: 


1. High grade essential oils: lavender, mandarin, tangerine, or neroli. I personally liked mandarin and tangerine best since the citrus oils do better bringing elasticity to your skin.  Using a high grade essential oil is crucial, as you don't want any other chemicals in your natural product. doTERRA is a great and reputable brand that is safe for you and baby. http://www.doterra.com/.

2. Carrier oil:  I loved using almond oil, it was a light and sweet smell, but you can even use olive oil from your kitchen (as long as it is natural and 100% olive oil).

3. I used a 4oz bottle and filled it with almond oil, and then put about 10 drops of tangerine and chamomile. It's easy and great for you and baby!! Rub on tummy, breasts, thighs and anywhere else that may be stretching!

4. Take a deep breath and relax for a few minutes during your routine!

*****For postpartum, I still use the oil, but have found that emu oil is much more effective in helping my existing stretch marks to vanish!

More Information on Naturally Avoiding Stretch Marks


Mama Natural belly butter

Essential Oils During Pregnancy





And if you don't want to make your own, this is a reputable company with natural ingredients! https://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/pregnancy/natural-stretch-oil.html

No comments: