Friday, July 29, 2016

Remineralizing DIY Toothpaste

I was 25 weeks pregnant with our first when I heard about remineralizing toothpaste, natural cleaners and avoiding toxins. All of these DIY and natural options seemed really overwhelming to me. I knew I wanted to knock out toxins but also knew that entering motherhood for the first time I couldn't do it all at once. I started slow, beginning with natural cleaners and ultimately moving onto beauty products for me and my family. Toothpaste was one of the first things to go once I looked at my body products. I was so used to conventional toothpaste so it has taken a while to get used to the difference in taste and texture, but my teeth have thanked me! Problematic ingredients for conventional toothpaste include fluoride, glycerin and red dye number 40 just to name a few. These ingredients don't heal or strengthen our enamel.  The one thing I love about this toothpaste is that it can reverse, heal and remineralize your teeth so that cavities no longer become an issue. It's safe for kids and adults alike and my kiddos love helping make it!We recently had a dentist appointment for both kiddos and our dentist couldn't believe how good the kids teeth looked, he asked several times what we're doing at home, aside from eating real food this is number one in our house! He definitely inspired me to keep on making this formula and protect our family's teeth.


Here are some great resources to check out on remineralizing toothpaste and why you should add it to your house!

/http://askthedentist.com/homemade-toothpaste/

http://www.foodrenegade.com/homemade-toothepaste-recipe-remineralizing/

http://thepaleomama.com/2013/12/diy-remineralizing-toothpaste/

Ok, but here's the important part the recipe that literally takes 5 minutes and will save you money, and heal your mouth!

1. 1/2 cup of coconut oil 
2. 3 tablespoons of baking soda
3. 15 drops of therapeutic grade peppermint essential oil, cinnamon, lemon
4. A pinch of celtic or pink sea salt
5. (optional 1-2 teaspoons of benonite clay/or 10 drops of trace minerals)

This usually lasts our family 2-3 months depending and I store it in a mason jar in the bathroom cabinet. All of these ingredients while being natural, you don't have to worry about them spoiling or going bad (even if it gets really hot!). Enjoy and "show off your glittering teeth" as my three year old says!




Don't want to make your own toothpaste, but want a remineralizing toothpaste for your family? I love buying Earth Paste when I'm in a pinch for time.


Redmond Earthpaste, Wintergreen, 4 Ounce


No comments: